Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Saturday, May 2, 2015 -- Week #11 - Day #75 - San Pedro Sula

May 2, 2015
Halsey´s card

...and the inside
7:50 am
Today is Halsey's baptism! We're making a card for him and cut out some pictures of Jesus from the Liahona magazines that we get each month (mine are in English!) for it. The Liahona magazine is so cool! I feel bad that I had such a grudge against reading the published Church materials at home, but they are just the neatest things now.  Maybe because that the scriptures, PMG [Preach My Gospel] and my language books are my only reading material right now, but as I was flipping through the pages for the pictures, I wanted to read so many of the stories, and I didn't have time, and that made me a little sad, actually. So I would give a recommendation for the Liahona, click: Liahona Magazine good stuff there. Also the Mormon Messages.  click: Mormon Messages (short videos) And General Conference.  click: General Conference  And pretty much anything to do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. click:  LDS.org  Gives me warm fuzzies just thinking about it.
10:26 pm
Everything worked out (finally) and the baptisms went through! E Santiago baptized Isaac, and Hno Noel baptized Hno Halsey. Things were a tad different than in the States, but the same Spirit was there and there was joy that two wonderful people here had learned about and accepted the Gospel. Pretty neat. Also started our fast this afternoon as tomorrow's Fast Sunday, that's always good. But it's been cooler these past few days from the rain, so it should be a little easier on my body this time. Trials and blessings, my friends, trials and blessings.
Karina (Halsey's sister, Me, Hna Robles, Halsey, Hno Noel, Hno Zavala)

No comments:

Post a Comment