Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Monday, May 4, 2015 -- Week #11 - Day #77 - San Pedro Sula

Hna Archila, Lopez, Dominguez, Robles, me!
9:54 pm
Today was Pday! Yay! Today ran a little differently as we had to leave early to get over to Castanos and have some internet time, and there meet up with Hnas Lopez and Archila, and Hna Dominguez (local ward member) drove us all over to the beach in Puerto Cortes, and we had seafood for lunch, and drove back to Castanos, and got ourselves back to our area of Smith, and had some appointments and taught some lessons and got ourselves back home. So it was quite the eventful day, I had to do some emails on the nurse smartphone, so that was really weird to use after what feels like a very long time, made me think about my phone from back home...I wonder what the technology is gonna be like when I get back to the United States of America. Weird!
We had some Texas clouds!
We got to visit Chivana Beach, up north by the Gulf...very beautiful!



And don't worry, we didn't go swimming or touch the water or anything, and we got permission from Pres. Dester to go on the trip. We kept all our clothes and shoes on and just walked around on the sand and rocks and took a plenitude of pictures and enjoyed the wonderful breeze. But it was incredibly enjoyable all the same. Quite beautiful to see the water again with the palm trees and sun and sand and all that fun stuff, made me happy to see water again, I miss swimming in the pools and lakes back home. And we only have 1 more Pday before changes! Crazy!






And it turns out I was somewhat mistaken in defining "caracol" as sea snail, it's actually conch, I found out for certain today, which I guess in a way is kinda like a giant sea snail. So I have eaten conch quite a few times since I've been here, hurrah for me. It's not too bad, I can't quite yet say it's my favorite thing in the world to eat, but it's definitely edible. Also for lunch we had tiny little palm-sized crabs (note to Mom, Joe's is absolutely stupendous in their crab...and they have somewhat bigger portion sizes) and a hand-sized lobster, and the caracol as previously mentioned, a bunch of little shrimps, and one of the best fillets of fish I've had in a very long time. And also some lettuce and cucumber, beans and rice, and some tostones, which is a piece of green plantain cooked until softened and then smooshed flat into a disk shape and fried until crispy, one of my favorite things to eat so far. So that was a delicious lunch. Cost a lot, 350 lps ($17.50) a plate but 2 people could comfortably eat from it, so it was more like $8.75 a person. Still pricy, nonetheless, but it was very yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment