Friday, October 30, 2015

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 -- Month #8 - Week #37 - Day #254 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

Cambios! We got permission to go up to SPS even though we don't have changes, so I could send stuff off in the mail, smack E Nunez on the head for not sending our stove that we've been asking for for 3 months, and say goodbye to Hna Robles. So we got up at 5:00 am to get ready, and hopped on the special bus at 6:00 am. Picked up a ton of elders on the way, did the whole change mess, found out who's going with who and where, and finally found Hna Robles. It was actually kinda funny when she arrived, because everyone started taking pictures and crying and saying goodbye...she's basically a celebrity!  Kinda funny to see all her adoring fans. So I kinda hid behind a pillar until most of that died down (as I don't have changes and she didn't know I was coming to the Benque) and as she walked past my pillar I waved, and she stopped and stared like she does, and yelled, "QUE?!?!" and then we screamed like little girls and hugged and everything. It was awesome. She gave me a little package with notes for goodbye, Halloween, my birthday, and Christmas...she's prepared! And I gave her a little note and some chocolate from my family package (thanks, family!) I'm gonna miss her, but I'm glad she can go home and be with her family for a while now, and get back into work and everything. I can't believe that one day I'll be saying goodbye to my hija (mission daughter...the families here are ridiculously complicated) and hopping on a plane back to the States the next day. Weird. But I feel kinda special because I'm Hna Robles's only hija, and she was a wonderful mama and trainer and nurse. We're gonna miss her!
So we finally got back to SPS and had some lunch. Then went and taught a lesson, visited all 3 members in our part of the area, and did choir practice.

We also found some more new churches:
- La Iglesia de Jesucristo Renacer (also in SPS)
- La Iglesia de Dios Central a Pimienta
- La Iglesia de Dios Jehovah Jireh
- La Iglesia del Senor: La Vida Nueva

And you can pretty much spell Spanish how you like. The proper spelling is "haz" but you can put "has", and "hacia" is often "asia" or "hasia", depending on how you feel like/know how to spell. And all the names are different. Eskarleth (Scarlett), Yeyson (Jason), Karolhyna (Carolina). You can spell Edith the same, but you say "eh'DEET". And a bunch of more local names: Eliseo, Ondina, Yamileth, Plutarco, Paola, Dolores, Guadalupe, Damaris, Yolani, Legran, Amador, Herling, Theofila, Griselda, Myrna, Rodolfo. You can also write the accents in the words or not. Usually not, as that's too much effort, but it changes the meaning of the entire sentence. But ya know, whatever works.

And my camera got dropped and broke. So that isn't very fun. It still takes pictures and everything, but the screen is busted and I can't see a thing. So I walked around and took pictures today, hoping that they turned out well. I'll have to go camera hunting in the next day or two. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment