Friday, October 30, 2015

Monday, October 26, 2015 -- Month #8 - Week #36 - Day #252 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

Today we stayed home and chilled in the house, so that was nice. Did our normal Pday stuff, but didn't buy a whole lot of food as we still don't know if we have changes. Then we went over to Daily (I don't know how to spell that, that's how she's called), a less-active member and we made baleadas with her.

Tortilla time! 
So I got some more practice in tortilla-making, and I will say that this stuff really takes practice. And I burned the base of my thumb flipping the tortillas, as you flip them by hand. So that kinda hurts, but I'm alright.
I wish I had a spatula or even a small stick to lift up the edge, and the plate close by to flop the tortillas onto, but no, we use our fingers and hold on to the tortilla as we walk a few meters over to the table where the plate is. That's how we roll on Honduras!

So the baleadas turned out really well, and we had a nice little lesson with her. And we ran by the Flores to bring our other dinner back to the house to eat for lunch tomorrow. Good day overall.

9:32 pm
Update: we don't have changes! Hna Escobar and I are together for another change! Whoohoo!
We found a frog! And I picked it up and held it and it was awesome! I felt like 4 year old me playing with bugs and critters again. 
Hna Escobar said I was her hero for doing all the stuff that she can't do. Like drive, swim, ride a bike, back bend, hold frogs, and make caramel popcorn. She's so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment