Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday, October 30, 2015 -- Month #8 - Week #37 - Day #256 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

We got money in our accounts today! So we went and bought a bunch of food since we didn't on Monday due to uncertainty of changes, and stuff to make caramel popcorn for the refreshment for the baptism tomorrow. And I bought a camera! It was great because I got it for half the original price, and it's a decent camera. Not my favorite in the world, but it's better than the other 2 cameras that exist in Santa Cruz, and it was a pretty sweet deal.

We had some lessons in the morning, and dropped some people. It's kinda rare to have more than 1 or 2 lessons with someone, as we usually have to drop everyone. Because no one reads the folletos or the scriptures, no one prays, and no one will come to church. They don't do anything. So we drop them.

We had lunch and went and did some more lessons, and finally had our Coordinacion! Got me a little riled up again, but we got the baptism planned out and discovered that we do in fact have a Ward Mission Plan that no one knew about, fun little detail. We're gonna have to go over that with all the leaders and everybody.

And we had more choir practice...I am looking forward to Sunday because that is Ward Conference when we present all our songs, and then I'm restricting my availability to an hour on Saturday and an hour on Sunday for practices. If the people want to practice more, that's fine, but I'm not the ward pianist and we gotta work in our areas. I'm up for service and helping the ward out, but they've survived before I came, and they'll be fine when I go. And we lose about 2 hours a day of working time with all the practices and waiting and everything. So we'll see how this all works out.

And, according to what people have heard about Mormons, we have a special day a week where we can sin. That doesn't make any sense, as we shouldn't be looking for opportunities to go against God and His commandments. And that we don't worship God, we worship a governor in the states. I think there are a lot of misinformed people out there. We gotta work on that.

But, to finish off the day on a good note, Hna Escobar and I made a practice batch of caramel popcorn, and it was REALLY good! I tried to remember how we made popcorn balls back home, and we managed to find everything we needed...even Karo corn syrup! It was super expensive, but we got it. So I put some corn syrup, sugar, butter and milk in a pot, got it all boiling and bubbly, reduced the water content, took it off the heat, added some vanilla extract, and poured all that goodness on some popcorn we made (oil, kernels, salt in a pot, stir around as it pops) and we enjoyed ourselves immensely.
Hna Escobar was in awe of my cooking skills, and I was honestly a little afraid it wouldn't turn out well as I haven't seen a recipe for anything in 8 months. But we were quite successful and ready for making a whole lot more for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment