Friday, October 16, 2015

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 -- Month #7 - Week #34 - Day #232 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

We were a little over an hour late to our interviews with Pres because for some reason the buses decided that they didn't want to leave on time. I love public transportation. But, interviews went well, Hna Dester gave us chocolate chip cookies and juice boxes! Best treat ever.

Then we FINALLY got back home after another fun bus adventure (turns out that the bus that said they passed for Santa Cruz didn't actually pass for Santa Cruz, so we had to figure out another route with a taxi, which is a like 3-5 times more expensive) around 4:00 pm and had lunch, and since it was raining we decided to warm up the leftover tomato soup and we had that with other assorted food items. Very tasty.

I forgot to mention that I was a little sore today, as yesterday as we were playing around in Pulha all the elderes decided that they wanted to do dips, so we found a spot where they could do that, and we all took turns trying to do dips. I discovered that I do not have very much in the way of triceps, but I can raise and keep my legs straight and locked like you're supposed to, so that's a start, at least. Most of the guys actually couldn't do dips very well either, so I'm not totally alone!

But we went and visited Guadalupe (the recent convert with a little baby boy) and since we were outside and it was dark and rainy, I pulled out my flashlight so we could see the hymnbook and scriptures. Turns out that Wilmer (the one-year old boy) thought that was the coolest thing in the world, and started pointing it all over the place, including his own face, and discovered that strong lights can make it hard to see. He's a little cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment