Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday, October 9, 2015 -- Month #7 - Week #34 - Day #235 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

Today we hula-hooped!  I haven't done that in forever! We were in Las Flores again, and met a group of kiddos playing with their hula hoops and we joined in. Turns out that I'm a bit out of practice, as I dropped my hoop twice. And I'm a little bigger than I used to be, so the hoop was too small. But we enjoyed ourselves, and we were all laughing and having a good time. I like having little happy moments like that.
We also found a pulperia called "Cristo Vive" so that was new. Usually they're called by the owner's name or someone in the family. People seemed to be obsessed with Jesus, but don't really feel like going to His Church. Figure that one out for me, please.

Hna Escobar also started calling me Mower Power to help her remember how to say my last name correctly, so that was kinda neat, reminded me of when my mom and I would joke around. And it also helped people back home say Mower correctly as well.

And, Pres, my Zone Leader, and the member who drives us around in the moto-taxi think I'm latina on the phone, so that's another bright spot. We always greet people and start talking in Spanish on the phone, as a good 99.99% of people are native Spanish speakers here, but usually when we call the ZL's number it's E Hess, and I'm usually the one talking, so we switch back into English after the initial greeting and confusion. Pretty funny, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment