Thursday, October 29, 2015

Friday, October 23, 2015 -- Month #8 - Week #36 - Day #249 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

Last night I dreamed that they didn't make the big, hardcover hymnbooks anymore, so we had to protect our hymn books and write on our names a bunch of times in them, because people were stealing them and tearing out the pages with the names so they could be theirs. I have no idea where that dream came from.  Hna Escobar says I talk a lot in my sleep, all in Spanish.

Today was interesting, we went and taught some people in the morning that didn't want anything to do with us. One of them was a contact I made on the bus a few days ago, he was fairly receptive and interested and willing to have us pass by and visit. Then, we came to teach, he was a completely different person, kinda arrogant, actually, and was completely disinterested. And we dropped another one of our few progressing investigators, because she decided that her pastor received a revelation and that the church she now goes to is right. We've been working with her all this change, so that's kinda rough. Good girl, but we just can't get through to her. And just a rough morning with all the walking around, it's gotten really hot in the mornings, but usually by the late afternoon it gets cloudy and a little cooler.
Some cool clouds
I actually found 2 gray hairs on my head the other day, and they have the length that would correspond to about 8 months of growth. Way to go, stress. I felt like Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson for a minute, with the weight of the world and the responsibility to be a missionary hanging above my head.
There's a saying here that when we wait forever for something,
"me hace viejito!", or I'm growing old!
But we had a good lunch at home and set out for another afternoon of work.
And a delicious lunch I made! I'm proud of my cooking skills.
And we are still eating abundant avocado, so I'm happy!
It went decently well, we had a first lesson with a lady that is super receptive and kinda gets the joke on a lot of things, she's got her head on straight. So we were really happy for that. She won't be able to come to church this Sunday because she's got to go to SPS to help celebrate the birthday of a niece, I think, but she'll try to come next time. So we're keeping our fingers crossed with that one.

And we had Paola's baptism today!  Whoohoo!
Paola, the girl that's baptized and confirmed!
Hna Escobar and I ended up filling the font, setting up the chairs, helping Paola with nerves and directions and getting dressed and moral/emotional support (her family doesn't live here and isn't supportive of her baptism) and everything else, and getting the refreshment ready and served to everyone. Little details to help everyone be happy, right?

And to finish off the day, guess what is the best thing to do when it's 9:30 pm, you don't have clothes for tomorrow and there's water in the pila? Wash your laundry that you weren't able to wash on Monday! Yay! So I did that for an hour and got ready for bed and went to sleep. I'll finish the rest of that funness in the morning.

Other than that and all the work that a baptism entails, pretty chill day. Definitely ready for bed, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment