Friday, October 16, 2015

Monday, October 5, 2015 -- Month #7 - Week #33 - Day #231 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

Pday! We went to Pulhapanzak, which is a nature park thing with a big waterfall, really, really cool. Got all sprayed from the water droplets, so that was quite refreshing, actually. Hna Escobar and I enjoyed ourselves with the Zone today and got some really cool pics!


Hna Escobar and I! 
We also found a swing set!
We saw a rainbow as well! So cool!



Got back home to make some lunch and clean the house, we'll have to wash clothes over the next few days as we didn't have 3 hours to do all that. But guess what? I made tomato soup!
It was awesome and Hna Escobar loved it! Yay! I was pretty thrilled...this past week we've been slowly gathering ingredients and waiting until the right moment. So it turns out that Sandra has a basil plant at her house (although it was a very different basil than I'm used to, but it works pretty well) so we asked her for a bag of leaves, and we had to go walk around Central asking if someone knew where they sold cream (it's still not the heavy whipping cream we use, more like the normal mantequilla stuff we always have that's like a cousin of butter and sour cream), and then today we went and hunted down a blender to use for the afternoon, and I hunkered down and made tomato soup from absolute scratch and it was amazing. I am quite proud of myself. It was a sort of simplified version, but turned out well.
There was a little baby snake in our yard, so I got to hold it!
Reminded me of when we were little in our house in Corinth,Texas
and always found bugs and little critters...good times!






No comments:

Post a Comment