Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 -- Month #6 - Week #27 - Day #184 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

Today I got to help a 5 year old with her English homework, that was fun. You have to color a picture with things related to the letter of the alphabet you're studying, then mark the things that start with that letter with an X, and then practice writing the letter below...I wish that was my homework! I enjoyed that immensely.

We also found an umbrella for Hna Rosas, so that's good. She's been having headaches from not having one and walking around all day, but she borrowed my other one a few times until we found one for her.

I think I also saw a dead coral or king snake on the road, smooshed, of course. Nothing here dies normally, it's always smashed flat. I actually couldn't make out very well what kind of snake it was, but it had some red and some black on the skin, so I'm assuming that's what it was. First snake sighting in Honduras

Also, there seems to be some various foot defects around here. I now know a lady with 2 big toes in one on each foot, and a girl with 6 toes on each foot. Interesting. They're not related by the way, in case you were wondering.

Overall good day, did our thing, taught some lessons, walked a lot. Bought myself a little bag of chips for 2 lemps and was very happy.
And a pic of me before getting ready for the day completely, missing my tag! But I wanted to show you how my hair's growing, I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment