Friday, August 14, 2015

Monday, August 3, 2015 -- Week #24 - Day #168 - San Pedro Sula

I just have to say that Peter the Apostle is one of my favorite people in the scriptures. On the day of Pentecost when the gathering of people received the Holy Ghost, there was a group of other people all criticizing and saying that they were all drunk, but Peter's like "Look, it's only 9:00 am in the morning, they're not drunk."  Sass! Sometimes the scriptures make a little more sense when you put them into the normal language we use (respectfully, of course) so you can understand the importance of what was actually being said. Anyways, I just thought that was kinda funny..."it's only 9:00 am, they're not drunk!"

We did our normal Pday routine, taught some lessons, had a good day.

In other news, I have cambios! They don't tell us what our new area is our who our new companion is, just that we have changes. So we all have to meet up in the Benque [Stake Center] and figure everything out there, gonna be fun! So tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to say goodbye to most of our investigators and favorite peeps, but it's hard on a day's notice to find everyone, as people tend to not be home when you need them to be. Anyways, this will open up a different side of the mission for me, as I'm not in cue to be nurse anymore, I get to be a normal missionary. We talked to Pres about the whole situation a little while ago, and apparently a gringa nurse can come either in October or in December (most likely December) to the mission, so Hna Robles will train Hna Estacuy (latina) for her last 2 changes to be nurse, then she'll bridge over from October to December, then in December she'll be with the new nurse for a change or two to train her on how everything works in the mission, and then we should be fine from there on, hopefully. I guess I'm the back up - back up plan if there's an emergency or something in the interim, but I think I'm pretty much relieved of duty, so that's nice. Gonna be weird readjusting to real mission life outside the city in Honduras, but I'm looking forward to it. Really gonna miss Hna Robles, not only from changes, but also that in 3 months she'll take off as well, and head back to Peru. She wants to specialize in Emergency and Disaster for her career, she'd be awesome in that.
Last photo with Hermana Robles
1st Companion, Trainer, and Mamma!

No comments:

Post a Comment