Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Thursday, August 20, 2015 -- Month #6 - Week #27 - Day #185 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

I will just say that I don't like microwaved egg. Blegh. We ran by a member's house to have dinner, and they had already eaten, so they pulled out our dinners from the fridge and microwaved everything to warm it back up, and usually that's fine, but with eggs you just can't do that, at least for me. But it was all really good and I did manage to eat all my eggs. We had rice, beans, platano, chorizo, mantequilla, huevo, and the ever-present fresco (soda). La comida catracha!

Here everybody says "va, pues" as a shortened version of "vaya, pues", which basically means "alright" or "go on, then", kinda of like a closing statement of a conversation or a goodbye. That's a little different than in SPS where they use the long version. Hna Fidelina always says "vaya, pues, hermanitas, que les vaya bien." She's awesome. I miss her. 

And I got to hold a 3 day old baby girl, which was also suprising. Everyone's having babies all of a sudden. Hna Rosas gets uncomfortable around newborns and is afraid to hold babies, as she thinks she'll break them. So usually I'm the one that holds the baby during the lesson, which I'm fine with, they're all soft and warm and snuggly. And so tiny! This little girl was 6 lbs, and itsy bitsy. But that's the interesting thing about perspective. You look at a newborn and think, wow, they're so small! But then you think, that little person was inside their mother, and then they're actually quite big. The Miracle of Life, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment