Friday, August 14, 2015

Sunday, August 2, 2015 -- Week #24 - Day #167 - San Pedro Sula

Carlos came to church! Woohoo! For the first time in almost 4 months of working with him! We were pretty thrilled, to say the least, and he enjoyed everything. So awesome. He's gotta talk to his boss again so he can come next week. I love Carlos!

We also didn't have divisions with the Sister Training Leaders this change because Hna Virula has been pretty sick with H. pylori, so we'll have to wait until next change. Stomach bugs are never fun.

But, interesting news, I have officially had la sopa de mondongo (cow intestine soup)! Pretty neat, huh? The flavor of the soup itself was actually very good (we had it at Jenny's, Gabi, y Johanna's house, and Mama Reyna made it...everything she makes is absolutely delicious, and we know that because they feed us every time we come over, like an actual meal, crazy) and I ate all the broth with the yuca and malanga and platano with lime juice and abundant tortillas, as the intestine itself and the cow's feet were a little tricky to get down. The intestine didn't really taste like anything, but it was in a 3 in square, and very chewy, I guess, and very hard to bite through effectively, so you have to tear it into thick fibrous strips and eat those...that was a little hard to do, but I did eat some! So I can mark that off my list of interesting foods to try. The feet didn't taste very good at all, you have to suck the nerves and marrow out of the bones, so I only had a little bit of that and was happy just eating my tortillas. But yeah, that was pretty cool, and we were super lucky to have Mama Reyna make it, because it really did taste great.

No comments:

Post a Comment