Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Friday, August 21, 2015 -- Month #6 - Week #27 - Day #186 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SAMUEL!!! Whoo! I love you, buddy, and hope you have a wonderful time on your special day.
Samuel's Birthday Wishes from Andrea!
Birthdays are always fun, right? I love special days and holidays and all that fun stuff. 

Today was actually a pretty good day, walked around in abundance, as usual, but we actually were able to find almost everyone we had planned for and taught some good lessons, so I'm pretty happy about that. The members here think the elders are better because they have more baptisms, but since we're working hard even though we don't have many progressing investigators, I think we're doing fine. Water off a duck's back, nothing more.

But, in other news, we have a mission-wide conference to listen to Elder Nelson from over in Tegucigalpa tomorrow in the Benque in SPS, so I'm going home, baby! Whoo! I actually hope it's hot tomorrow so Hna Rosas can know what it feels like over there, gonna be a little different from Santa Cruz being so cool. And even here everyone complains of it being too hot. Kinda fun to listen to. I'm usually thinking "Oh, if only you knew...", which makes me smile. Aaaaand, I'll see Hna Robles!!! Yay! I gotta give her her little package from my family and I wrote her a note as well. I'm excited to see her! Only been 3 weeks, but still. I did call her once when I got my stomach bug a few Thursdays back, that was weird to hear her voice on the phone as opposed to in real life. Anyways, that should be pretty awesome to see everyone again from El Carmen and the office and Pres and Hna Dester again (even though we just had Multi-zone Conference, it's always fun to see people, no matter how long it's been!)

And, from personal study, the couple whose house we're living in has a giant Bible, like, 10 x 12 inches big, extra large print, and it was lying on the table this morning, so I thought it would be fun to read through with the font being so huge, so I flipped it open and started reading in Numbers, and got to chapter 16 where these 3 guys from the camp of Israel felt like they wanted to rebel against Moses and everyone, so they got 250 men together, but then the Lord directed Moses to tell all the people to move their things away from the tents of these 3 guys with all their men, and then the earth opened up under them, swallowed the 250 men with all their families and belongings, and buried them alive. Kinda freaked out the Israelites. Also, the Lord sent a plague among them shortly afterward because of their continued disobedience and murmurings, and 14,700 more people died just from that. Makes you realize that the Israelites wandering around in the wilderness were actually a very, very large group of people, and little wonder that Moses needed good men to help him keep order. And that the Lord had to be hard with them because they were a hard people. They had a prophet, the pillar of fire by night and the cloud by day to guide and manifest the glory of God, the priesthood, the tabernacle, food, water, everything provided for them, and they still had such terrible problems with belief that led to a lot of people dying all over the place. Interesting to think about for a little bit. I was just surprised mostly at how many people died just in that one chapter. Crazy. But yeah, other than that it's been good.

No comments:

Post a Comment