Friday, August 14, 2015

Saturday, August 1, 2015 -- Week #24 - Day #166 - San Pedro Sula

It's August! I'll have 6 months here pretty soon. Eeep.

New epithet of the day: "munequitas bellas". It's amazing how there's always something new to call us as we're walking around...got some really creative people here.

Fun fact: Hna Robles likes to listen to music really, really loud. We obviously don't do that in the mission, but this afternoon a car passed by us with the windows rolled down, blasting music, and she said: "That's how I like my music, super loud!"  Made me smile to think of ourselves being normal people and doing normal life stuff, like wearing shorts and doing homework and listening to our music really loud.

Also, Hno Lopez only has up to a 3rd grade education, which was surprising, as he is highly literate and very intelligent, also knows some English phrases...his favorite is "Take it easy!"  That always makes me smile as it reminds me of my dad, and the way he says it is funny. Good guy, I'm gonna miss Hno Lopez.

No comments:

Post a Comment