Monday, March 30, 2015

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 -- Week #6, Day #37 Guatemala MTC

12:37 pm
Today is P-day! Yay! We have a different schedule today, as we're going to the temple for the 3:00 pm session. So we had an easy morning, wrote our families, painted my toes again and went and played volleyball and got some sunshine for a while. I'm feeling pretty good, physically, just got showered and dressed again, gonna head to lunch in a few minutes...the gym next door is playing  "Turn Down for What" by DJ Snake & Lil Jon really loud, and it made me smile for a second that they are always playing American music... 'MURICA!!!

So after lunch we have personal study time, I think, so I'm gonna mark some scriptures that are good in teaching, and get prepped for lessons tonight. And then we go to the temple, and come back for dinner, and then I think we have a grammar lesson and a whole bunch of practice teachings....the work must go forth, my fellow men! So yeah, it´s been a very good day so far, it's nice to have some time to get pumped back up and feeling good about myself. On to lunchtime!

10:14 pm
Well, that was a fun day. We didn't teach Karen because los elderes went over time, so we'll teach Frederman, Lucy, and Karen tomorrow, in addition to our normal practices with the latinos. Yay for teaching! Also, during practices tonight, one of the latino elderes I was teaching gave me feedback that I should learn Spanish better. So that was interesting. 

Anyway, we were reading about Alma the Younger today in our estudio del Libro de Mormon, and I just thought that the part in Mosiah 27:14-15 when the angel was speaking was pretty neat, you don't hear many angels talking about themselves like that, and I wondered who the angel was. So that was my spiritual enlightenment from today, I'll finish the rest of the chapter tomorrow. I like reading in the Spanish scriptures because they use a plainer language that the English ones do, so it's actually easier to understand the Spanish ones sometimes. And with all our grammar lessons and stuff, I can pick up on what´s happening a lot easier.

Also, our temple experience today was a little different than normal, since we saw one of the old presentations, which was interesting to watch, I think I like the newer ones better. But overall it was good, it was nice to go and have our last time in the Guatemala City Temple with just distritos mateo y jeremias, as we are the only nortes leaving next Tuesday.

Hna Kleinman is so awesome, I love her, and I'm proud of the progress she's making. The elderes that she taught tonight also said that she needed to improve her Spanish, but you know, we just need to take that with a grain of salt, because we can see our own progress over 5 weeks, whereas they've only seen us for 5 days. So we're still learning, and that's OK. But our teachers have taught us well and are proud of us, and they aren't worried at all for us in the field. And Honduran Spanish is different than Guatemalan Spanish is different than Mexican Spanish is different than Peruvian Spanish, so in the end, we'll learn what Spanish we're using in the field and that's good enough. We really are doing great out here and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment