Thursday, March 19, 2015

Friday, March 13, 2015 -- Week #4, Day #25 Guatemala MTC

10:09 pm
Today we had laundry because transfers are on Tuesday, so we did laundry early. We finally had time to fold everything, but then I didn't have much time to write. But I will try!

So breakfast was pretty darn awesome, we had 2 corn tortillas with black beans and cheese in between, with scrambled eggs and sliced green onions, and a thin red salsa over everything, and fried plantains on the side. Ah, so good! I absolutely love plantains... and mango juice again because it makes me happy inside. So I thoroughly enjoyed that lovely meal.

Fun fact, latinos tend to cover their mouths when they laugh and sometimes when they smile, also they never go barefoot, even indoors, and I've taken to wearing my flip-flops around our room because the tiles are so cold. So I don't think I'll adapt to covering my face all the time, but I like the foot covering idea here, and especially in the field, I imagine, when I most likely won't have nice tile floors.

Also, our investigator for misionero-misionero training, (Lucy played by Hna Morales), was acting like she was high today during the lesson, so that was interesting to work with. Somehow she agreed to baptism, but we'll see how much she remembers when we teach her tomorrow. Yup, the Word of Wisdom is there for a reason! Just say no!

I was flipping through my journal and I came to some quotes from Kolipoki (Elder John H. Groberg) that I had copied down earlier, so I thought I'd share them:  

"Sometimes God calms the storm, and sometimes He calms His child."

"There is a connection between heaven and earth. Finding that connection gives meaning to everything, including death. Missing it makes everything meaningless, including life."

"You develop faith by doing things that require faith."

"Our joy now and forever is inextricably tied to our capacity to love."

"Satan wants to claim our souls and those of our children. He wants our marriages and families to fail. He wants darkness to reign. Despite this, we needn't worry or back away from our duty to our family (present or future), our community, or others, for God will always support and bless us in our honest efforts to do His will. He wants us to succeed more than Satan wants us to fail, and God is always more powerful."


No comments:

Post a Comment