Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Monday, March 2, 2015 -- Week #2, Day #14 Guatemala MTC

3:43 pm
So today's been a fun day so far, so I'm glad for that. We just got back from deportes, and we played a very entertaining game of volleyball! There was a 20 bump rally involving 3 head shots, 2 slides, and an amazing amount of yelling. When it was over, everyone doubled up in laughter, it was so awesome. Nortes got game! 


Also, we taught Frederman (another role play investigator, played by the wonderful Hna Garcia) this morning, and that went well, I feel like he's more similar to the kind of people we'll meet when we're actually teaching. I like teaching him better than Daniela in the evening because I feel so much more towards Frederman because he is hurting so much in his life, Daniel just seems to accept everything and then gets all shaky later on in the discussions, which is a little frustrating. But both of them are good practice and it's good to get our feet wet here than trying to figure out everything in the field, which is kinda the whole point of the CCM.

We continue to learn how to better teach as a companionship, and it's the coolest thing when words come to you when you are trying to speak to the investigator, even when it's not a real situation. But the fact that they come is very real, and I know that I will be able to have that happen in the field.


Lunch was really good today, we had beans and corn tortillas and sausage and beef and little plantain pastries--so yummy. We get to eat ice cream during lunch, and I had a chocolate-covered vanilla cone, and it was so good, tasted like Dairy Queen.

Guatemala Mission Training Center (MTC)
They take very good care of us here, and I'm thankful to be here in the smaller Guatemala CCM. I'm so sad our latinas are leaving tomorrow morning! I'm gonna miss them, but I'm so excited for them to head out and get to work! I'm also way excited to meet our new missionary crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment