Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Monday, March 30, 2015 -- Week #6, Day #42 LAST DAY Guatemala MTC

10:18 pm
Last day in the CCM! Agh! Today was good, very crazy, but we're waking up at 2:00 am later tonight to hop on a bus for the airport to go to our missions, so that's certainly something to look forward to.

Today we taught Frederman for the last time, and it went very well, Hna Kleinman and I taught him the Word of Wisdom, or Palabra de Sabiduria. I love teaching with Hna Kleinman, she's so cute, I had just shared 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 with Frederman and explained how our bodies are gifts and we need to stay clean so we can have clarity of mind, and the Holy Spirit with us, and all that stuff, and then I turn to Hna Kleinman for her to say something, and she startles and flips to the pamphlet and asks him to read 1 Corinthians 3:16-17, which is the "mas fuerte" version of what I had just shared 2 seconds ago, and Frederman remarked, "wow, muy poderoso....pero tiene sentido....ay" which means "whoah, that's very powerful, but it makes sense...yikes."  So we gracefully recovered from that, and then at the end of the lesson when we were bearing our testimonies, dear Hna Kleinman was talking and she said "...y Yo se que cuando nosotros somos obedientes a La Ley de Castidad, Dios promete a bendecirnos..." and trailed off when I looked at her funny and started giggling because we had been testifying about the Palabra de Sabiduria and here she was talking about the blessings of keeping the Law of Chastity. My goodness I love my wonderful companion, she is so sweet and cute, and I just love her!

And later that day we had some instructions on our flight info and packed and weighed our suitcases -- I made weight! I carried all of my spanish books in my backpack so it was really heavy. We were given some info on our safety procedures in the event of robbing or kidnapping, and everyone was surprised and a little frightened of me that I had taken self-defense, so that was funny, and we had goodbyes with mis maestros, Hno Garcia and Hna Giron, and that was awesome, and I'm gonna miss them and their great spirits, but our district will honor them and make them proud to have taught Distrito Jeremias, as they told us, they are just amazing people. So good, and I'm privileged to have known them and worked with them everyday for 6 weeks.
Also, we watched "Meet the Mormons," and that was pretty neat, as I hadn't seen it before, and I also gave the spiritual thought in our last Devocional de Hermanas. I shared my mission scripture, 2 Nephi 33:4, and my current lema, or motto, in D&C 122:8-9, and talked about those and shared my testimony, and then we all sang "God Be with You Till We Meet Again" Hymn 152, and it was beautiful.

So, we're ready for bed, and we're gonna get up in like 4 hours, so Hna Kleinman and I are super excited about that. Our time has come to leave the CCM and enter the mission field, and I want to hit this thing running.

No comments:

Post a Comment