Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thursday, March 12, 2015 -- Week #4, Day #24 Guatemala MTC

10:02 pm
So funny story, we were teaching the Law of Chastity lesson to Daniela, and I was looking up a scripture to explain how God will help us through hard things and trials and tough spots when we pray, and one of the suggested scriptures was 1 Corinthians 10:13, but I accidentally flipped to 1 Corinthians 11:13, which is related to chastity, I guess, but was not quite the helpful message I was trying to get across, whoops!

Also, my eyes get dry towards the evening and I said, "Yo no puedo ver!" and squeezed my eyes shut to help them feel better, but Hna Kleinman looked over just as I was standing there with my eyes closed and saying, "I can't see!" and she's like, "Well, duh, hermana, your eyes are closed!"  So that's a running joke with us now... it's great that we like each other so much.

Fun fact, Hna Brady can yodel! She's so awesome. Also, I braided my hair the other day and tucked the end up inside of it, and Hno Garcia and sweet Hna Simone thought I had chopped my hair off like a boy! She was pretty sad until I explained how I had done my hair that day, and then Hno Garcia laughed at the whole thing and we were all happy again.  I love the teachers here, they are such good people.

I have discovered that I absolutely love mango juice! Oh, that stuff is so good and makes me all happy at mealtimes! Pres Cox comes and visits with us during our mealtimes, and he saw me drinking it and wiggling in my seat for happiness, and he thought that was pretty funny. I just love being in the smaller CCM because we actually have a personal relationship with our CCM president, and that is just so cool. He comes and exercises in the mornings, and pops in the classrooms, and talks to us in the halls and at mealtimes, and he's just such a good guy. He's exactly what we need here in Guatemala.
President and Sister Cox
E High likes to write a daily quote on the board, and today's was "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" (Mary Poppins)... no one is perfectly sure how to spell that, but it looked about right.

It's nice to be able to keep our morale up as we hit our halfway mark, our district is doing great together and I'm proud of us.

Also, the Elders all got hair cuts, so they have the exact same length of hair, it's hilarious to look around and see a sea of little buzzed heads!

Also, Hna Brady still is having allergic reactions, but only her eyelid has swollen up again lately. She has hives that come and go throughout the day, so we're still working for solutions for her before she leaves the CCM. Gah, it's so frustrating and I'm not the one having problems!

The other day, Hno Garcia was in a car accident, he's ok, but his car had to get fixed for a few days. But now everything's alright and we're so happy to have our teachers.

Also, lemonade doesn't exist here! Only limeade. Limes are called limones, and lemons are limas. Weird.

Lastly, Hna Kleinman was trying to ask an investigator what issues they had with the gospel, but instead she said "Que su problema" which translates to "What your problem" which made everyone crack up, it was such an intense problem and then she innocently is trying to phrase a question and it just comes out so funnily. The language barrier makes for some funny stories!

And some good scriptures and quotes from the past few days:
Mosiah 2:20-22
Alma 36:3
Alma 29:9
Psalm 22
John 1:12, 16-17

"We are becoming perfect, one imperfect step at a time."

"A man cannot be unhappy with the Spirit of the Lord burning in his bosom." George Albert Smith

"Love people into doing what God has asked us to do." George Albert Smith

"You can be smart and happy or stupid and miserable." Gordon B Hinckley

"If you are on the right path, it will always be uphill. The Lord is anxious to lead us to the    safety of higher ground." Pres Eyring

"Stellar spirits are often found in imperfect bodies." Pres Eyring

"The Father of Contention is the Devil. Christ is the Prince of Peace." Dallin H Oaks

No comments:

Post a Comment