Monday, April 13, 2015

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 -- Week #8, Day #50 San Pedro Sula

9:20 pm
It's already the 7th of April! Wow! And tomorrow's the 8th... crazy.
Anyways, today was filled with hospital stuff, and I am physically exhausted, so happy to go to bed early tonight. But today was good, we got through all the appointments and got in 3 short lessons tonight, and made plans to go wash Hna Lorena's laundry in the morning because she's in a lot of pain right now. So I'm looking forward to more laundry! Yay! I'm really good at it, yeah know.
I would like to express my love for mustard greens, or mostazo, and how they are quite delicious. We had some for lunch at Hna Fidelina's, in company of rice, pico, beef, kidney beans, and tamarindo juice. Quite the lunch!

Also, since we had to visit 3 hospitals and various pharmacies and labs, we took a lot of taxis, which has been a new experience for me. We also sometimes use rapiditos, which are very full and very small van things that drive around very fast, hence the name. But seat belts don't really exist here, and a lot of the cars are older and have poor suspension / cleanliness, so it's always a fun experience to ride around the city!  Also there's no painted lines in the roads, and if there are, they don't really matter. But it's nice to have a break from walking so much, and I guess the drivers here are crazy good, because they drive crazily, but we're always quite safe. Weird. I guess when everyone drives crazily it all works out! Like a whole lot of double negatives!
Rapiditos / Minivan
But yeah, I also got to see the police force chasing down a bad guy today, the police here are actually military soldier people. There's also armed guards all over the place in front of stores and stuff, but they're the good guys. So yeah, SPS is kinda different than the States. Good, but different.
We have a machete!
But I'm doing good, I'm always hot and tired and aching, but it's good to be out here, we're having a baptism for Hno Halsey coming up on the 18th, I believe, so we're quite excited for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment