Monday, April 13, 2015

Sunday, April 5, 2015 -- Week #7, Day #48 San Pedro Sula

10:14 pm
General Conference was awesome! I particularly liked the music from this conference, it was really, really, really good, I thought. I also watched conference a different way every session. The Saturday morning I watched in English on a TV at the Benque. Saturday afternoon session I listened in English on the Mormon Radio 24-7 channel in the Secretary's office at the chapel. The Sunday morning session I watched in Spanish at the chapel, and the Sunday afternoon session I listened to in English on Hna Robles phone (she has a smart phone to help with her nursing stuff) while watching it in Spanish. So that actually worked out quite well, and I'm so happy that I got to hear conference in English. By October conference I should be fine watching it all in Spanish.
Also, it rained while we were walking home after visits tonight, so I'm all wet. Hna Robles was so happy for the rain. It has been a little bit cooler the past few days because of it, although it's still quite warm, so that's been nice. The rain smells the same here as it does in the states, so that's kinda interesting. I have to admit that I've never really enjoyed the smell of rain, it just smells like wet dirt and roads, but I'm glad that everyone else enjoys it a lot.
Things are coming along, I'm kinda getting into the swing of things, so that's nice. Our schedule usually looks something like this:

6:30 am  wake up / pray / exercise
7:10 am  shower / dress / get breakfast
8:00 am  personal study
9:00 am  companionship study
10:00 am visits
12:00 pm  lunch
1:00 pm  language study
2:00 pm  visits
dinner is sometime usually between 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm, usually with a family, so we visit with them, too
8:00 pm - 8:30 pm  be at home because streets aren't safe, grab a snack if already had dinner and start planning
9:30 pm  finish planning / start calling people for stats / call Hna Dester and update her on sick people
10:00 pm  take a shower and get ready for bed
10:30 pm  sleep!
So that's what I'm usually up to, unless we have a slew of hospital visits, so there's a lot of walking involved and my back and legs and feet are quite tired from literally carrying the Word of God around for hours, but I've adjusted decently well, I think.
I guess I ought to mention that I am in the city of San Pedro Sula, in the neighborhoody part of town, I'm not sure exactly where I am, but comparatively speaking, it is a very nice living area.
San Pedro Sula, Honduras

No comments:

Post a Comment