Monday, April 13, 2015

Monday, April 6, 2015 -- Week #7, Day #49 San Pedro Sula

10:20 pm
Well, I had my 1st Preparation Day in Honduras, it was very nice. I hand-washed my clothes in the pila today, and that took about 2 hours, and I decided to count that as my exercise for the day... washerwomen have some powerful arms and hands!  But I enjoyed it, starting to feel like I'm living like someone in Honduras.
And had 2 visits, and watched the "Finding Faith in Christ" video with la familia Rios, and I noticed that in the Spanish version, when Christ heals the leper, after he said that if it be His will, He could make him clean, Christ answered, "Yo quiero," or "I want to," and I thought that was quite profound. Languages are so interesting, I'm blessed to be learning Spanish, and I did a lot better today, I'm getting really good at praying!  It turns out that our investigators usually like to have me pray, either because I'm white or I'm new, not quite sure which one yet. But I enjoy it, it's always good to talk to God and ask after the welfare of others.
Our house is the yellow one on the right!

Streets in Honduras
Honduras skyline
It was a good day, Hna Robles and I were on the phone a long time tonight because we had a whole bunch of sick elderes call in and need to go to the hospital or have doctor appointments tomorrow. We seem to have more sick elderes than hermanas, mostly because they do silly things and don't drink enough water. So I'm trying not to do silly things and am drinking a lot of water so I don't get sick. Good thing my companion is the nurse!

No comments:

Post a Comment