Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sunday, April 26, 2015 -- Week #10 - Day #69 - San Pedro Sula

9:30 pm
Today was a good day, legs are really tired from walking around so much yesterday, but it's all good, I figure that I'll finish this mission business with some stronger leg muscles!
Church was good, we go to the Gospel Principles class second hour with the other elders and investigators. Today we learned about the offices of the Priesthood, so that was a nice little review. Everything seemed to go pretty smoothly in all the meetings. Also had Ward Council afterwards. I don't really understand what's being said in that meeting, but I get the gist of things...overall we need to work on reactivating our ward members (the people here have some issues with commitment with a lot of things), and we've made a companionship goal to visit every member family and figure out where they live, so we (can ask for references!) can help them out and get to know them better, to help with retention. So that's gonna be fun.
I think today might have been a bit cooler than yesterday, can't quite tell, since as soon as you get dressed in the morning you start to sweat, and it doesn't stop until you've taken a shower at the end of the day and don't do anything more strenuous than walk across the room to where the fan is...love it! But we had some cloud cover today, so that was nice.
I'm also further developing a delightful tan-line on my feet and have a slight one from my watch...I'm gonna have so many weird lines when I get home! Kinda exciting, actually, to see how I'll turn out, it'll be quite interesting, I'm sure.
Tan-line on my footsies!
Got some watch band action too!
I think the rats finally died in our ceiling, we put some traps up there and haven't heard anything the past few days (our house smelled really bad for a day or two) so I think they're gone, so that's good, too.
Since we have so many new sister missionaries here that need trainers and all the old ones are leaving this coming change, Hna Robles thinks I'll be training pretty soon, but hopefully I can have 2 changes with her before then! Missionaries have a training program of 12 weeks, but sometimes you only get the first 6 and you're off being the big person training someone else.

I'm getting a lot better in my Spanish, and feel more comfortable teaching and talking to people, though there's some people I can actually understand, and then others there's just really no hope...but Pres. Dester has counseled me to give it a month or two for my ears to get accustomed to all the Spanish, and then I'll take off and it will be great. So that's what we're aiming for. But there has been progress made, and I'm proud of myself.
And tomorrow's Pday! I think we might go play soccer or something of the sort, we'll see.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment