Monday, September 28, 2015

Friday, September 25, 2015 -- Month #7 - Week #32 - Day #221 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

Today was good, I finally figured out after 7 months that the Jamaica drink is something like hibiscus tea...learn something new everyday! But it makes sense why I like it, as I like hibiscus tea as well. Although the stuff here tastes a little more like grape juice to me.  But it's all good, I like it.

Also learned that the "hang loose" sign (thumb and pinky sticking out of fist and shake) is actually bad here, as it means you're going to kill the person you do it to. So that was interesting.

And that every time the English Bible says "Lord" in the Old Testament, in Spanish it says "Jehovah", which is also a very valid title, but it's just kinda weird to see it so much. There's a lot of things that are different here.
But other than that, we had a good day, went and contacted up a storm as we're still slowly building progressing investigators. Lots of walking and talking.

Lastly, people always pass by in the streets, yelling out their services or what they're selling (happened a lot more in SPS). So there was one guy that was going around "saquen la basura!" or take/bring out the trash, so that actually reminded me of the guy in Monty Python that was yelling "bring out your dead!". Made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment