Thursday, September 17, 2015

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 -- Month #6 - Week #31 - Day #212 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

We did the whole change thing! Whoo! Woke up at 5:00 am (after going to bed at 1:30 am), to finish packing Hna Rosas, left the house at about 6:30 am in the special bus that takes us to the churches.
We had changes! Hna Rosas and me,
 our last morning together.
Got over to Potrerillos where I stayed the morning until my new companion, Hna Escobar came. (She says hi!)
Hna Escobar, my new companion!

We went and said hi to a family, and their kids had just gotten
a tiny Russian hamster and a bunny as pets...pretty cool.


Me holding a parrot! So cool!
Then we went back to our area, saw a car crash on the way (a car got hit on the side, rolled a few times, and the driver climbed out and walked away with no injuries, crazy), went to a member's house for lunch like we always do on Wednesdays, ran by another member to pick up the little stove the elders are lending us, as our current stove doesn't work, and then we stayed in the church until almost 9:00 pm, as we had a Talent Night with the ward, as activity of la Obra Misional. And it turned out awesome! The missionaries were the judges, and E Olivas took the role of Simon Cowell, which he thoroughly enjoyed. The best 2 acts will go on to the Stake Talent Show in October. 

Fun fact from today: I figured out that I could eat my aguacate con limon y sal (avocado with lime and salt) right in the shell, so I was pretty thrilled with that. Cut the avocado in half, pop out the seed, squirt lime juice in the hollow, and sprinkle in salt. Take your spoon and mix it all around, and you've got a handy-dandy bowl right there, just gotta wash your spoon. This is now my preferred method of eating all my avocados.

I was also able to take a shower with a normal amount of water! Yay! That was pretty awesome. I've got a lot of clothes to wash, hopefully I can do a little bit each night so it's not too crazy next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment