Thursday, September 17, 2015

Friday, September 18, 2015 -- Month #7 - Week #31 - Day #214 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

Today I got 7 months, and Hna Escobar has 6!  It's actually really neat to be with her, we get along really well. She came in my arrival group, but is Latina, so has a month less than me, I'll go home a change before her, I think. But she's a really hard worker, and has some tips and tricks I hadn't heard of before, so I've been learning a lot as well.
March 31, 2015 Arrived at Honduras Airport (from Guatemala MTC)
Hna Escobar is two sisters on the left from Hna Mower

Hna Escobar is from Guatemala, is 23 years old, and is the youngest of 4 kids in her family. Has been in Copan all this time, Santa Cruz is her second area and I'm her 3rd companion.

Went around today and showed her some of our area, we actually have a lot of ground to cover. Our area in Santa Cruz is way bigger than Smith or El Dorado, where she was at. So we got some work to do just getting to know the area.

And, more good news, we finally got water in the house! The sinks in the kitchen and bathroom work, the toilet flushes, there's water in the shower, and the pila spouts out water normally again. Pretty awesome, right?! In the shower the water comes out of a spigot about waist height, so you gotta crouch down to get wet, and it's still really cold, but we're just happy that it works!

Also, as we were teaching a lesson outdoors (which is completely normal, a lot of times standing up outside their gate thing the entire time...we're really happy when we can go inside the porch or house to sit for a minute) some neighbor up the street (remember I mean rock path when I say street) decided that 4:00 pm is the perfect time to burn all their trash, so we were totally filled with smoke for a while as we were teaching...gotta take a shower and wash out my hair again. I'm pretty sure that we just always smell like smoke, add that to the Eternal Girl's Camp list.

No comments:

Post a Comment