Thursday, September 17, 2015

Saturday, September 19, 2015 -- Month #7 - Week #31 - Day #215 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

We went looking for a contact we made last Saturday, but she wasn't home, so we did a whole lot of contacting to other people! I'm actually pretty happy when we contact, the cambio before I felt like we didn't do enough of it, so it's been really nice to have a "new start" with Hna Escobar. And she loves to talk, so I don't feel pressured to speak all the time, but we share everything well and are a good little team.

Turns out that she has an avocado tree growing in the middle of her house, so that's an interesting fun fact. They eat lots of the avocados that fall, and I just think it is super neat they have a tree in their house.

Today for breakfast I had oatmeal, a PBJ, a pear, and orange juice, and I was quite pleased with myself. Most of my breakfasts are still pretty American, lunch and dinner are kinda a mix of whatever with la comida catracha. Turns out pretty well, I'm still eating lots of avocados (yum!).
More food! (can you tell I like to document my eating habits?)
We were also teaching a lesson and a cowherd ran his cows by us, that was interesting. There's lots of animals here...dogs, cats, birds, cows, goats, sheep, pigs, horses...it's kinda like a foresty farm sort of thing we got going on here. E-I-E-I-O!

We also went over and listened to Stake Conference in Villanueva, about a 40-50 min bus ride. Main themes: self-sufficiency, honoring the Priesthood, and ward council. Very instructive, the elders said that the Priesthood session was the exact same messages, guess they really needed to get everything across clearly.
We got rained on again! We sought shelter under a little tin roof
to wait out the worst of the shower.

Just gotta love all the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment