Thursday, September 17, 2015

Monday, September 21, 2015 -- Month #7 - Week #31 - Day #217 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

We went to el Lago de Yojoa as a zone! We hopped on the bus that goes to Siguatapeque and hopped off at the lake, about 20 mins or so, not too bad.
el Lago de Yojoa





Purple lily flowers in el Lago! So pretty! Match my shirt, too, right?!
Hna Escobar and Hna Mower
We then played touch football for a little over an hour, and then ate lunch! I ate a whole fried fish and traded my tajadas with Hna Phillips for her french fries, and drank ginger ale (it's been a VERY long time without ginger ale!) and was quite happy and full afterwards.
My fish! Very delicious!

We then hopped on a bus heading back to Santa Cruz and went to write our peeps back home, and had a lesson.

Good day, washed a TON of laundry, about 3 hours worth. Problem is that it's been raining everyday the past while, so it's a little hard to get everything to dry completely. But, you go outside and get all wet again, so it's not a huge deal. But I think we've officially, officially entered the rainy season. Lots of rain.

Oh, and I also found eggnog, of all things! So I bought myself a little carton and have been enjoying a few sips everyday. Actually tastes pretty good, it's called rompopo in Spanish.  I don't think eggnog's available in the States in September, right?
Eggnog!
Also, fun fact, there's an article in the September Liahona from a mother in Guatemala that tells about how her prayers for her son were answered...turns out that it's about my District Leader! Small world, huh?  We have some really good elders in our district this change, I'm happy to be serving with them.

And, Hna Escobar prayed in English the other day! Whoohoo! She really wants to work on her language skills, and is doing marvelously. Has very good pronunciation and a good grip on comprehension, I think she'll pick it up fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment