Thursday, September 17, 2015

Sunday, September 20, 2015 -- Month #7 - Week #31 - Day #216 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

More Stake Conference! This time in Portrerillos, so a little closer to home. More about families, the Priesthood, how women support families in callings, and missionary work. Good stuff.
E Bate, with a bunch of bananas in the church after Coordinacion Misional...he's a goofball, and companion of E Olivas.
They're really good guys!
We then did some visits, and got back home again. Lots of walking today! Gotta tell ya'll about my latest splurge: Yoplait strawberry yogurt! SO GOOD! Tastes like those little yogurt cream cups with the blue labels we always bought a few years ago. Dang those are good.
I also made some pancakes and put Nutella on top (other huge splurge!) and was VERY happy with myself. It's been too long since I've had Nutella. I also had some apple slices with chile powder on top, and liked it! Kinda like mango verde with vineger-lime juice and chile. Apparently in Mexico EVERYTHING is with chile, all the fruits included.

Down here there's no lawnmowers, so you gotta use a weed-whacker or a machete to cut all the abundant grass. We have a guy that comes by every 2 weeks or so to clear up the forest we hike through every day to get to our house.  I like him, he's a good guy, very good with a machete.
A little river in our area! I wanted to swim soooooo bad! I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment