Thursday, September 17, 2015

Sunday, September 20, 2015 -- Month #7 - Week #31 - Day #216 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

September 20, 2015

More Stake Conference! This time in Portrerillos, so a little closer to home. More about families, the Priesthood, how women support families in callings, and missionary work. Good stuff.
E Bate, with a bunch of bananas in the church after Coordinacion Misional... he's a goofball, and companion of E Olivas. They're really good guys!
We then did some visits, and got back home again. Lots of walking today!  Gotta tell ya'll about my latest splurge: Yoplait strawberry yogurt! SO GOOD! Tastes like those little yogurt cream cups with the blue labels we always bought a few years ago. Dang those are good.
I also made some pancakes and put Nutella on top (other huge splurge!) and was VERY happy with myself.  It's been too long since I've had Nutella... that's punishment no one should have. I also had some apple slices with chile powder on top, and liked it! Kinda like mango verde with vineger-lime juice and chile. Apparently in Mexico EVERYTHING is with chile, all the fruits included.

Down here there's no lawnmowers, so you gotta use a weed-whacker or a machete to cut all the abundant grass. We have a guy that comes by every 2 weeks or so to clear up the forest we hike through every day to get to our house.  I like him, he's a good guy, very good with a machete.
A little river in our area! I wanted to swim soooooo bad! I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment