Thursday, March 31, 2016

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 -- Month #13 - Week #59 - Day #407 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Today I was really tired! All my body was being uncooperative. But we had a good District Meeting, E Matamoros is a good DL and always gives good training. He finishes his mission in October. E Poulson in almost a year and a half (he came with Hna Mora), E Markus in June and E Toolson this change in April. So we're all a bunch of oldies with E Poulson, poor guy. But we're happy, trying to work well until the end. "El fin se acerca, y hay poco tiempo!" (lyrics to a hymn)

Had lunch and went looking for some more people, and then we helped with homework again, and taught some more visits, and did a Noche de Hogar with the lechuga preguntona! The Question Lettuce! Whoo! And then we had (untoasted) marshmallows and banana soda with cookies as the refreshment. That was the first time in at least 13 months (because I don't think I did that at home) I have eaten marshmallows straight up. It was awesome. And very, very sweet. But they're good people and we enjoyed our time with them.

Hna Cruz probably thinks I'm crazy because I'm always playing with people's dogs...my favorite is called Muneca and she's the dog of Keyla and Alexandra, and she's calm and friendly and soft and wonderful.
Me petting Muneca
And today she was sad because her little dog friend passed away yesterday morning. So she curled up against my leg and I rubbed her head while we visited today. Keyla and Alexandra showed us the little grave and everything.

Munequito's grave
Poor little guy. He was actually kinda sick all these past few months, and about a month ago he was starting to get better and was growing more and actually had hair, and then apparently he woke up dead in the morning. So that was sad. But other than that we're fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment