Thursday, March 31, 2016

Friday, March 25, 2016 -- Month #13 - Week #58 - Day #403 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Guess what? Apparently on Friday in Semana Santa there's no busses or rapiditos that work. And the mototaxis will charge you 150 lemps (normally rides are 10 lemps) to go all the way to La Entrada. So that was an interesting turn in our plans. But we went and worked in the morning in the lovely sunshine and finished divisions, and then started out walking back to our area as we didn't have resources to stay another day in Florida, and we needed to take care of a bunch of things in our own area.
Hna Mower, Bautista, Mora, Cruz
So I was rocking the ancient traveler-person look with my working backpack on my back, traveling backpack in front, and I had draped my microfiber towel on my head and neck, Israelite-style so I didn't aggravate my sunburn as we walked in the sun.
Getting ready to walk with my towel on my head!
So we were hiking along for about 2 miles on the road when all of a sudden the Branch President of the Florida branch came driving by in his truck with his wife and daughter, so they gave us a very much-needed ride back to La Entrada. So that was a nice miracle. God takes care of His children! And the poor little missionaries who will never do divisions in Semana Santa again. It's not so awesome when the normal transportation doesn't work.

But we got back home safe and sound, got unpacked and ready to work again, and did some visits and looked for a bunch of people. Also got some wisdom from a random drunk fellow that decided to contact us while we were contacting another person. Basically he said that we shouldn't be prideful. Because it's bad. So I will try and work on being full of humility instead of pride. Which is something I still need to be better about. Sometimes drunk people have good things to say. Hard to understand, but more or less there's sense in there.

But with our road trek adventure, we walked about 6 and a half miles today. All in the sun. So I'm pretty proud of myself. I am really curious to know how much I walked everyday back home. Probably less.

No comments:

Post a Comment