Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Monday, March 14, 2016 -- Month #12 - Week #56 - Day #392 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Today was Pday! I did not get to eat an ice cream in our hammock, but I did relax in the hammock while Hna Cruz washed clothes. And I washed my sheets again! I will say that it is a little tricky to hand-wash fitted and flat sheets in a 14" x 20" pila washing board space. But I can do it! And washed some other clothes. I think I will miss washing in pila a little when I get back home, it's actually weird to think about how many machines we have at home. Here, you can do every thing manually. But over there there's machines that wash clothes, that dry them, that toast your bread, ovens, blow dryers, face scrubbers, computers, eggbeaters, Floormates, vacuums, laser thermometers...lots of technology!

But today was good, we got to sleep in, wash clothes, break our fast with an awesome lunch, wrote our families, and then go rehearse the dance with the RS hnas. We then went to look for one of our investigators but they weren't home, and then the light went out, so we had to come home and light our candles. Honduras! I was actually expecting the power to go out sometime soon as it's been a while since that's happened. Anyways, we're home safe and sound, enjoying our hot and dark house (if there's no power the fans don't work very well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment