Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Saturday, March 19, 2016 -- Month #13 - Week #57 - Day #397 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Today was good, a little bit crazy. Recovering a little from yesterday, I'm really hungry! And it's really hot now and forever so we're drinking lots of fluids and applying sunscreen. But this morning we went and found a "new" inactive that we found out about, so we spent some time with him, and then headed to Hna Aide for lunch! She's so awesome. Hna Cruz and I love her laugh. She's had many surgeries lately for various problems, but she still comes to Church every Sunday. And she makes good food. And tells us all sorts of stories.


And some Honduras skies and you can also see a horse!
We then wandered around some more in the afternoon, and found some more less actives, shared some stuff with them. And then went to the chapel to participate in the celebration of the Relief Society Anniversary, namely, have Hna Cruz man the music and camera while I tried to help lead the hnas in the country dance we've been working on for the past 2 weeks or so, I think. Turned out decently, although I was having a hard time with my ankle. Somehow I strained the tendon on the lateral dorsal side of my right foot, the one that splits into 3 into your toes? Similar to the one in the back of your hand. Honestly forgot what it is called. Oops. Anyways, so that tendon decides to throw fits throughout the day, and hopping around on 1 foot didn't really help the equation. But I'll be alright.
From the activity of the Relief Society! I drew the little wheat sprig in 5 minutes
Then we went and found some more people to teach. During the lesson, the family understood and participated and everything, and then at the end we discovered that they actually didn't get anything. So that was a little discouraging. But we'll try again with them and see what happens. We always believe in second chances! And thirds and fourths and fifths...until we all get the joke and can continue progressing. It's just interesting to see the different points people are in in their progression. And it's all good! We just need to help people wherever they are.

Hna Cruz and I walking around, knocking gates,
talking Spanish, being awesome!

And we did another visit with this one really sweet lady, very Catholic, but is going through some rough times in her family. We were able to talk about "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" and give her some comfort and let her know that she is doing the right things and will be blessed for that. Good lady.

Oh! Good news that's totally random! We finally switched out our toilet seat! Yay! It's cuz when I got here to El Dorado, the plastic seat part was cracking, as it's thin plastic and kinda old. So about a month ago it finally broke all the way through, so there was this split in the seat that made everything uncomfortable. So we put some tape around it, but it was looking really sad at that point. So we talked to some people, and we got ourselves a beautiful, brand-new toilet seat! And I figured out how to install it myself. So now I can proudly say that I have toilet seat changing skills, Dad will be proud. I love what you learn to do on missions!

And I gotta prepare a talk about missionary work for tomorrow. Yay for talks!

No comments:

Post a Comment