Sunday, June 28, 2015

Monday, June 22, 2015 -- Week #18 - Day #126 - San Pedro Sula

10:15 pm
Today was Pday! And I'm still not caught up on my journaling...whoops. I assure you that it was a really fun few days that are still missing, and I'll do my best to fill you back in on all my awesome adventures down in Honduras.

But, great news! One of my buddies back home got his mission call to London, England, so that was great to hear about today. Congrats!

Today was good, studied, cleaned house, washed clothes, went and had lunch at Pizza Hut, Hna Robles got a haircut (trimmed off about 4 inches and got re-layered) that turned out really nicely, got a new phone case for the new nurse phone (Samsung Galaxy S5), bought some earrings and a little gift box to put them in as a birthday gift for Hna Fidelina (she cooks us lunch, her birthday is on Wednesday), wrote our peeps back home, and went clothes shopping! Whoohoo! I bought 4 shirts and a skirt for about $13...pretty sweet, right? Granted, they're used clothes, but you wash them and it really doesn't matter in the end cuz they're gonna get just as dirty at the end of the day. So we were both fairly pleased with our recent acquisitions to our clothes hanging spaces. It's a bad habit, but you have to use impulse buying here when shopping for anything, basically...if you've been thinking you need something, and you see it, you gotta buy it, because it won't be there the next time you pass by. But we should be good for a while, I think we've satisfied all our immediate material needs, although we didn't get to go grocery shopping, but all I really need is 2 boxes of milk and a box of cereal. 

And of course we came home and had a wonderful lesson with Alonso, who has a really fun story, but we watched "Juntos para Siempre" (Together Forever) and had a lovely discussion on the importance of families and how the gospel helps us bring about the joy of being with them forever, not just until death. So that was really neat. 

I also managed to cut myself in the worst place possible this morning: the base of the pad of my right thumb. I finished doing laundry, so my skin was all soft and waterlogged, and I went to turn on the faucet in the house to start on the dishes, and the rough edge of the handle popped open the skin. Kinda hurts. But it's small, so it should heal up alright.
Also, Hna Robles and I are gonna be together for another change!  Whoohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment