Friday, June 12, 2015

Sunday, June 7, 2015 -- Week #16 - Day #111 - San Pedro Sula

7:20 am
Happy Birthday, Lyndsey!  I love you!
Sweetest Sisters!
Today was Fast Sunday, but it's been cloudy the past few days, so it was a lot easier on my body this time around.  Although I do have to say that I'm still quite attached to my water bottle.

Today was good, we have 3 definites and a tentative 4th baptism planned for this Saturday, so we've been working with those investigators and getting things coordinated for all that, fun stuff. Hopefully everything goes smoothly, but as always, there's opposition, but also, as always, it turns out in the end. Yay!

News from Honduras, when people like you, they give you food. It's normal to offer a drink (usually Coke or Pepsi) when someone visits, but you know they actually like talking to you and want you to come back when they start feeding you, so we're starting to see that with some of our investigators, so that's encouraging. Last night we had 3 baleadas each from this one family we're teaching, they were soooo good. I gotta make baleadas for you guys when I come home, they're some of my favorite food here.
The family of the 3 baleadas, they're super awesome and live in one
of the nicest houses I've been in. Jenny 2, me, Gabi, Hna Robles,
Jenny 1 (their grandmother) and the back view of their Chihuahua, Mia.
In way of food, I tried mango verde (unripe mango) for the first time at another investigator's house. You're supposed to eat it with salt and pepper, and I actually liked the taste quite well, there was just the slight problem of that unripe fruit makes your tummy feel a little funny afterwards. So I think I'll stick to the consumption of normal, ripe mango for the time being, but mango verde is pretty good, too, every once in a while.

In the Avenida Junior, there's this marching band thing that practices almost everyday, I'm not quite sure what they're for or who they are, but they're really neat. I imagine there's about 40-50 people that participate. There's drums, xylophones, cymbals, shouting, and dancing around, pretty neat to watch and listen to as we're walking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment