Saturday, June 27, 2015

Friday, June 19, 2015 -- Week #18 - Day #123 - San Pedro Sula

10:28 pm
We had a successful day of divisions! I went with Hna Virula, and I like her a lot.
Hna Virula and me!

Hna Robles went with Hna Archila, who I also like. Hna Robles and Hna Archila came together and will leave together in October, Hna Virula in August.
Hna Robles and Hna Archila!
Turns out that Hna Virula has 10 brothers and sisters, she's number 9 with her twin sister, who will come home from her mission in July. Crazy, huh? Basically everyone I knew when I first got here is going home relatively soon. E Santiago (my "padre" in the mission) already "died" or finished his mission, Hna Robles (madre) is gonna die, E Lyon (padrastro, since he's my second padre during my training period, Hna Robles has a madrastra since her first trainor died after her first change) is gonna die, E Wing and Cabrera (Zone Leaders) are gonna die, Hna Archila and Virula (Sister Training Leaders) are gonna die, E Moes and E Molina (General and Ruta Secretaries) are gonna die...Hna Robles jokes that in October I'll basically be a little orphan! That's the weird thing with my 3rd change coming up, you start to see the constant flow of people leaving and coming, makes you feel that time actually goes a little faster. Ah!

Our lessons also felt like they went by a lot faster than normal today as well, that was surprising.  And I only got us lost for the last hour or so of the day, so that was also nice (I don't know if it's ever nice to be lost, but at least it wasn't all day long). I resorted to walking back to a house or pulperia that I knew really well, and then heading off again from there to where we were supposed to be going, so we ended up walking in some circles and ultimately round-about ways of traveling, but we did get to the houses eventually! Thank goodness for everyone's seemingly endless patience with me! But yeah, it was good.

We had some good lessons today, and basically the majority of the people we had planned for weren't home or we couldn't find the contacts we were going to visit, so that was interesting. Rescheduled some for tomorrow, and met some more people today to talk to. You can almost always talk to people when you're looking for a person or address, so that's a plus to the whole experience. Met some really interesting people today, but that's good.
Danilo is one of our investigators, and we had dinner together:
frijolitos, huevos, mantequilla, queso, and tortillas
We all met up in the hospital after a cita this morning, and then Hna Robles and Hna Archila had more hospitaling today as well for a good part of the day, so that was kinda sad. But overall I think we all did well today.

Sad note, Yanis and Guissell will be baptized next Saturday, as their dad can't get off work this weekend, so that's a bummer, but they're still excited, so that's good. They're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment