Saturday, August 6, 2016

Monday, July 25, 2016 -- Month #17 - Week #75 - Day #525 - Las Flores, Villanueva, Cortes

"Remember, you are not alone. The Savior has promised that He will not leave you comfortless."
- Elder Gary E. Stevenson
Another quiet Pday! Those are nice to have. We slept in until 7:00 am and did all our clothes washing like always (I'm honestly going to miss washing in pila...it is possible that I'll buy myself a washboard at home and use that every once in a while!) and swept and mopped and I painted my toes purple, and we talked for a little. And we got dressed and headed out to buy myself a comal! I will be able to make baleadas for you guys when I come home. And we had lunch and went to write our families and bought food, and came home and got ready to go find some people to visit. We ended up not finding anybody, but we did find an old lady that was walking home so we carried her bags for her and talked to her on the way. Turns out that I carried a watermelon and some other cans of heavy things for about half a mile. It was dark so I couldn't see what was in the bag, but Hna Vasquez said that she saw a watermelon. So there you go.
And a little bridge that Hna Vasquez was scared to cross,
but she did it! The trunks bounced up and down when you walked
and it was scary for her because of the 5 foot drop.
And I discovered that all the coins I have saved up until this point equal 23.65 lempiras. Or in other words, $1. I feel very accomplished to have saved the mission $1! That's 10 bags of chips, or 2 mototaxi rides, or a bottle of Gatorade, or a 5 gallon drum of water. But it still makes me laugh a little that it's just $1.
All my lempira coins that I've saved up!
And I also practiced making flour tortillas, with my new comal, and they turned out very well! I had a few that were perfectly round and beautiful. I just need to practice a little more with the laying on the comal part, because that's what determines if they'll be round or a triangle or other map-like shapes.  But I'll get there!

So it was a good day, we're ready for another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment