Monday, August 15, 2016

Monday, August 15, 2016 -- Month #17 - Week #78 - Day #546 - Las Flores, Villanueva, Cortes

Today I had my last Pday in the mission! It was really good, though. We went up to SPS as a zone and went to a natural history museum, so that was a refresher from all my school growing up. It was a good reminder that I don't really remember ANYTHING from school...I'm scared for my BYU classes! Agh!

I also got a copy of the Popol Vuh, which is an old Mayan manuscript that tells the creation and some other history stuff,  so that was actually pretty neat. I've been wanting to read it all this time, and I finally got a copy of it! It's in Spanish, but now I can read Spanish without any difficulties, so I'm good to go!
Then we had lunch at Johnny Rockets (for the first time in my life) and we all got the 89 lemps combo, but with all the tax and service fees and whatnot, it came out to like 140 or something. Yeah. Darn American restaurants. I'm ready for things to be so expensive back home.
And we also took pictures with the cathedral in the SPS park, so that was neat. I hadn't been there in over a year! Running around SPS made Hna Vasquez a little nervous, and I realized again how crazy my life was when I first got to the mission. All full circle.
And we finally got ourselves all piled into a rapidito to head back to Villanueva, and we went and wrote our families and we didn't buy that much food because I'm taking off, and Hna Vasquez will be staying in La Victoria like I did when Hna Artica left, but they'll be working every other day in Las Flores and La Victoria, so that should hopefully be good and we won't lose so much work there.

I also got my homecoming talk topic, so I've been trying to think a little about that. Although I think I will have to write it out and read it because I don't really trust my English!

No comments:

Post a Comment