Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 -- Month #17 - Week #78 - Day #547 - Las Flores, Villanueva, Cortes

Today was the best District Meeting ever! E Matamoros gave me free reign to talk about whatever I wanted and to share my mission counsel to the district, and I chose to talk about the Consecrated Missionary talk from Elder Tad R. Callister. And mostly I just commented and shared a few experiences about each point (we have 4 missionaries with less than 6 months in our district) to help out the newer ones get the joke a little faster and keep on working. And afterwards they all got to share what they learned/felt, and so that was sweet as well. They all love me! I felt really happy.

And then the zone had a surprise goodbye party type thing right afterwards! They sang the happy birthday song, but changed the words, had a strawberry cake, soda, and a few little presents exchanged and everyone took pictures with me. That really touched me, to be honest. I had never seen something like that in all my mission, and I've seen a lot of missionaries go home. So that really made my day.








And we went to a few citas and then started saying goodbye to a million people. I did manage a good half of the ward in 4 hours, so that's pretty good. I had to leave the other half of the pictures for Hna Vasquez to hand out when she introduces her new companion next week. But I got the most important ones to me taken care of, so that was good.














And also this morning the power went out (which means the water went out as well) from (we're assuming) 7:00 am and then it came back about 4:00 pm. Which wasn't fun, and Hna Vasquez had planned to finally make herself pancakes. So we had cereal and fruit for breakfast because we didn't have any ability to cook on our electric, 2 burner stove. And we washed our dishes in the pila. I reminded Hna Vasquez that Copan is always like that, and she just looked at me, a little concerned for her future. She makes me laugh! I love my hijita.

But it was a pretty good day, getting to the end and it's making me stress just a little bit. Trying to take care of Hna Vasquez, and the area, and get myself ready...yeah. I think I'll be happier when it's just over.

No comments:

Post a Comment