Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Sunday, November 22, 2015 -- Month #9 - Week #40 - Day #279 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

Happy Birthday to me! I turned 20!
And Hna Escobar made me a birthday surprise, that was really sweet. She takes celebrations very seriously! She made me a banner, confetti, a little cupcake and a card from her.
Her birthday isn't until May 16, but I'll be sure to send her something in the Ruta (and send some treats as well to make sure it actually gets to her). She has definitely made the mission a good experience for me, and I hope that I have been able to help her as well. We all need good friends in this life.

And we went by some investigators to bring them to church, and supposedly they had gone off to ha saber donde, so we went over to the church by ourselves. Greeted the entire ward, and enjoyed the Sacrament Meeting. Went to our other classes, and afterwards we went over to Karolhyna Ramos's house (we have our only lunch there on Wednesday's) for her birthday celebration (and mine as well) as she's leaving Tuesday morning to serve in the mission Nicaragua Managua Sur, and her birthday is on Wednesday, the 25th of November. So we got to break the piƱata, and have cake, and I got my face smashed in the cake, as is the tradition, and we had a good time.
Karolhyna's double birthday party!
I'm grateful to the Ramos family for helping celebrate my birthday, even though I'm a foreign missionary and their own daughter is leaving so soon. They're really good people.

So today was actually a pretty good day, felt the love! It is a bit odd to be celebrating things without your actual family, but there's always a way for things to work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment