Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Monday, November 9, 2015 -- Month #8 - Week #38 - Day #266 - Santa Cruz de Yojoa

Pday! Slept in a little (until about 7:15 am...shhh!), cleaned house, got dressed, and headed out around 8:00 am to go buy some stuff for the cake we're gonna make for the new bishop and his family.
Our cake! (I felt pretty epic in my Messi jersey that I bought)
We're in the kitchen in the church, because that's the only place
with an oven that we have access to.


Got to the church around 9:00 am to make the cake, hung out with the elderes, and played soccer. Dropped the cake off at the house, went up to Wings and More for lunch, and wrote our families. Went back home, got cleaned up, and headed over to the bishop's house with Elderes Hess, Lorenzana, Ordonez and Bate to give a FHE about Elder Bednar's explanations of spiritual revelation (which was super cool, by the way), had dinner, and had the cake. Side note, this family has been converts of about 18 months, so we got to hear all their conversion stories...really neat. Elder Hess said he wished he was a convert so he could have an awesome story. But I think we all have our own stories, because even people born in the Church need to be converted to the Gospel. I think it's more of a process of experiences for them, rather than a dramatic change of life within a year. At least that's what I think.
But I got gripe (virusy head-cold thing). Again. Actually as I was writing in the internet place, so that kinda sucked. You can feel it building for a few hours, and then BOOM. You're sick. Congrats. So I'll be dealing with that for the next few days. And it rained this afternoon/night. Cabal. Hna Escobar made me blow dry my hair after washing it and had me go to bed early. She's a good care-taker!

No comments:

Post a Comment