Thursday, July 28, 2016

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 -- Month #17 - Week #75 - Day #520 - Las Flores, Villanueva, Cortes

"Pray for courage not to give up!"
- Elder Russell M. Nelson
"Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith."
- President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Double quotes! And they're both beautiful. I really like that the Lord inspires our leaders to encourage us and give us strength in trials. It's a special blessing to have access to such words. Living scripture!

But today was good, sort of slow, and we did a lot of contacting. We don't have any progressing investigators except for Lucia, and she's getting baptized here pretty soon. So we're searching high and low for people to teach. Poor Hna Vasquez is getting sort of thrown into contacting, although she's still a little shy. But we make it a game: for every one that I contact by myself, she has to start the contact of someone else, and then I'll finish it. So we're working her in gently! Some trainers leave their kid out to dry, but I don't want to do that to her. But she is learning and growing everyday, getting used to things. And I'm getting to truly follow the mandate to talk to everyone we see and can chase down, because we don't really have many options right now. But it's been good.

And in our wanderings we found another church: Asamblea de Dios "Oasis de Bendicion". Whoo.
Honduras!

But the dinner with the Bishop's family was really good, and I love going there because Hna Dunia used ground beef in the food tonight, last week we were given little steak rounds or something that was good. Even ground beef is a VERY welcome change from all the chicken we eat. SO MUCH CHICKEN. I don't get to eat fish as much as I did in Copan, either. And I'm really getting some cravings for a good Texas steak...it's better to just not ever eat red meat in the mission so I can forget about steak and just focus on the boiled chicken we always have for lunch, but having a little ground beef once a week is a guilty pleasure. Ah, it's really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment