Sunday, July 17, 2016

Monday, July 04, 2016 -- Month #16 - Week #72 - Day #504 - Las Flores, Villanueva, Cortes

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO MY COUNTRY!!!!! Whoo! I missed all the BBQ's and fireworks and playing with sparklers with the kiddos and everything. But I'll be there next year! That's the good part.
Today we went up to Pulhapanzak again (my first time was way back in Santa Cruz) and got to see the waterfall and all the pretty plants and whatnot. The elderes always manage to do something silly, but we all made it back home alive.
Pics from the bus ride to Pulha!
Pulhapanzak - Beautiful waterfalls!



We then had a horrible lunch, in my opinion, so I didn't really eat much (pork fried in shortening, tajadas (also fried in shortening), raw white cabbage, and a ridiculous amount of "dressing" which is lukewarm mayonnaise and ketchup mixed together...nasty stuff).

Anyways, made it back home and we wrote our families! And didn't buy food for the week because neither of us will be in the area this week. Hna Artica is going home tomorrow, and I'll be hanging out in La Victoria, Villanueva (where I used to do divisions) for 9 days until changes happen and I get a new companion. So we went home and packed, cleaned the house up so it would be nice when I came back, and then the secretaries picked us up and dropped us off in our respective waiting spots. 

It's kinda interesting serving in an area where I had already done divisions, but it's nice to have something familiar. And Hna Chavez is a sweetheart and I like Hna Rodriguez a lot, so I'm happy. They're both sort of young still, Hna Rodriguez has 9 months, and Hna Chavez has 6. And I have 16!  But I've done divisions with them before as well, so I'm sort of in extended-divisions mode right now :P

No comments:

Post a Comment