Monday, July 18, 2016

Monday, July 11, 2016 -- Month #16 - Week #73 - Day #511 - Barrio La Victoria, Villanueva, Cortes

Today we climbed up another mountain for 3 hours, looking for monkeys. I'm completely serious. But it was fun, I got to bring along Hna Chavez and Hna Rodriguez from La Victoria and we went hiking around in the jungle of our District Leader's area.
Hna Mower and Hna Rodriguez
Hna Chavez




Hiking around behind the mountains


The elderes walked around with towels on their heads...
And I found a cool plant!
It looks like it's made of metal!





Another church
It reminded me a lot of going up to Y Mountain in Utah, to be honest. Just a lot more hot with the sun beating down and the humidity and with more tropical plants and vines and whatnot. But there were some really pretty views. And we did hear the monkeys, we just didn't see them. So I guess the trip wasn't in vain.
My lovely feet
And then we went and had a fun time at lunch with our zone and we went and wrote our families!
Us eating lunch!
That was pretty much our Pday. I started packing up my few bags of stuff because I'll be heading back to Las Flores on Wednesday to train my last companion! I'll be a mama again! I just think it's kinda funny because I've never had the complete 3 months of training with any of my hijas. But that's alright, I'll be taking extra care of my new companion and keep tabs on her after I come home. But I'm excited and happy, and looking forward to being in my area again. Funny how after a week you really miss "home".

No comments:

Post a Comment