Sunday, July 17, 2016

Wednesday, July 06, 2016 -- Month #16 - Week #73 - Day #506 - Barrio La Victoria, Villanueva, Cortes

Today Hna Chavez accomplished 6 months!!! Whoo! She's my "niece" in the mission family, and I love her a lot. She's like a little girl in a big body, and really sweet. So I'm happy that I'm with her. And Hna Rodriguez reminds me a lot of myself, so we get along great as well! We're enjoying our time in trio, makes me think of my days in the CCM in Guatemala being with Hna Brady and Hna Kleinman. So now I've come full circle!

But today we went around visiting the people of our area here, trying to help them see the light and understand what on earth it is. But we had a good day. I got to try tiguilote (tee-wee-LOH-teh) which was cool! It's this little berry that grows in clusters on a tree, and is sort of slimy inside and tastes like a green grape. It was so neat! Hna Rodriguez always ate them at home in Nicaragua.


Tiguilote!
And we had dinner with my bishop in Las Flores, which I really enjoyed. They have a lovely house, and we had meat for dinner! Little bits of beef steak or something, but it was delicious and I was happy. Good day overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment