Thursday, July 28, 2016

Monday, July 18, 2016 -- Month #17 - Week #74 - Day #518 - Las Flores, Villanueva, Cortes

"Kindness is powerful."
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks
Good quote. Found out today that Lyndsey Lou had put together my bag of candies and quotes, so a big thanks to her! I have an awesome sister.

And we had a good Pday today as well, very calm and relaxed. We slept in a little (until 7:00 am, shhhh!), washed clothes, cleaned house, I painted my toes, we talked about life, I outlined the day's schedule to Hna Vasquez since this is her first Pday, and we took off. We went looking around in the pawn shops here (I think that's what they are...I never actually entered a pawn shop back home...here it's a "casa de empenos") to find a clothes iron for Hna Vasquez since all her clothes need to be ironed. I personally haven't ironed anything in over a year, due to me not using many cottony clothes, but she is my hija and needed an iron. And then I started a quest looking for typical things from Honduras, and found some pretty neat stuff, so I was happy. And we had lunch and then went to write our families, and went shopping, and got back and changed and everything and it started POURING rain. But we still went and passed by the RS President to take her to a FHE cita we had that night, and she was a good sport and took her umbrella with her. And that visit actually turned out really well. We played with the spoons again and the family got the joke. So we're hoping to see them on Sunday!

And that was our day! Really chill, I think we'll go somewhere next week. We almost never do an exciting Pday the first Monday of the change because it's before formal presentations of the zone on Tuesday!  Anyways, we were happy.

Oh!  And today I have 17 months. I honestly did forget to mention that. Congrats to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment