Monday, July 18, 2016

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 -- Month #16 - Week #74 - Day #513 - Las Flores, Villanueva, Cortes

"Exaltation is our goal, discipleship is our journey."
- President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Today was crazy! But good. Got up to SPS on time and everything, and headed upstairs to the trainer's meeting. We then chilled out there, with the newbies on one side of the chapel and the trainers on the other side, talking amongst ourselves. Turns out that only E Figueroa and I have trained before, everyone else was for the first time, so that made me feel really old. President Bush had me explain the 12 Semanas training program (since his Spanish is still rusty) and E Call and I served as interpreters for Hna Bush (because she doesn't know any Spanish).  It felt cool to be important! But overall it was a good meeting, we talked about all the basics of training and listening to your companion and whatnot.

But we have a good group of new missionaries, so I'm glad. We have 2 hnas from Guatemala, and 1 from Ecuador, and a smattering of elderes from all over. And my new companion is Hna Vasquez from Ciudad Vieja, Guatemala!
Mi hijaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! Hna Vasquez!!!!!
She's pretty tall for a latina, and is 21 years old.  She's the 2nd oldest in her family, and I like her a lot. She also only had 1 suitcase, so that made things much easier in transit, for which I was grateful. She's really calm and quiet, and seems pretty mature. Sometimes she gets a little serious and thoughtful because of all the newness, but if you ask her a question she'll light back up again and smile and respond. She's funny, sort of reminds me of how I was when I started out. That's the drawback of being old in the mission is that you forget how hard it can be when you're new. But for a first day, she did great.

We finally got back together with Glenda and Lucia and caught ourselves up after about 2 weeks of not seeing them. We rescheduled Lucia's fecha for the July 30th, and she's really seeming to get the joke now. She has some good questions and is opening her mind more. Still prays for a VERY long time, but we're working on that. She wants to learn the hymns and go visiting to the members. I think she's pretty awesome.

And we also went with the family of the 2nd Counselor in the bishopric, and I think that was one of my favorite visits in all my mission. It ended up being Joaquin and Karen (both returned missionaries) giving counsel and comfort to Hna Vasquez, and it turned out really nicely. I was really grateful to them for doing that, it helped Hna Vasquez. Members are good people to have around!
If you look close, you can see a chicken.
We were in a bus on the highway
on the way to the Benque for changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment