Monday, July 18, 2016

Friday, July 15, 2016 -- Month #16 - Week #74 - Day #515 - Las Flores, Villanueva, Cortes

"God never loses sight of our eternal potential, even when we do."
- Sister Carole M. Stephens
I really like that quote. My family sent me my last package, and I got a bag full of candies and quotes from Church leaders. I think it's a neat idea and I have enough to last me for the time I have left. Nice little boosts for each day!
LOVE BOX from home!!
"35 Day" Countdown!!
Two pieces of candy (one for me, one for companion)
wrapped with Inspirational Quote!  Love it!!
Today was good, we got some more actual work done, not just introducing to members, which we did a lot today as well. But we did some good contacting and taught some actual lessons, so I felt better, getting back to normal, and it was good practice for Hna Vasquez. She reminds me so much of how I was at the beginning of my mission. It's funny because in the lessons I'll look at her to let her know that it's her turn to talk, she'll explain the topic as she can, then quickly look back at me with her eyes wide and I finish explaining and add on, like what I did with Hna Robles. But she's doing well.

This morning we went over the Word of Wisdom in our companion study to prepare us for teaching Lucia today, and I got a little sciencey on her with how caffeine forms addictions and why energy drinks damage your body and that black, green and white tea exist and you shouldn't drink them, either. But she seemed to get it all, so that was good.

And we found another church! Ministerio Centro Jerusalen: Fe, Poder, Uncion "Nacimos para Conquistar". The pastor was yelling about how we're the result of God's gloria. Which is actually a nice thought, just that it shouldn't be shouted over and over in an angry-sounding voice.
I saw a baby gecko in the Church bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment