Monday, February 29, 2016

Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Month #12 - Week #54 - Day #376 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

More visits in the morning, and we went and washed clothes for an hour for the mom of an investigator. She just had a baby about a month ago, so she needed some help with laundry. I'm a pro at washing in pila!

We had lunch with Hna Aide, and she gave us cinnamon tea! It was soooo good. And it's been cold the past few days so it was a very welcome addition to lunch. I love that lady. She's the one that reminds me a little of Meryl Streep, but she's really nice and straightforward. And she always answers our bajillion questions. I feel like a little granddaughter asking about how the world works and she always patiently answers us. I like her a lot.

And then we came back and went looking for a bunch of people that weren't home or didn't want to talk to us, did some contacts, and then got ourselves packed up to go over to the branch of the elderes (10 mins walking) to participate in the Talent Show they were having today. As missionaries we were doing an act about this one guy who wanted to get to heaven, so a whole bunch of different people passed by to help him in different ways. And I was Tinker Bell! So this week I made myself wings from cardboard and aluminum foil, and borrowed a green skirt from Hna Cruz, and put my hair up in a big, poofy bun and danced around, throwing gold confetti. It was awesome. So we did all that fun acting stuff and then came home in the sprinkly rain. Good day.
Tinker Bell!

Tink, tink, tink!
Fairy Wings

No comments:

Post a Comment